Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I've been to so many rehearsals that leave you feeling emotionally and physically exhausted, but tonight was not one of them. Rehearsal ended almost 5 hours ago and I'm still wired. I can't sit still and most certainly not my racing thoughts.

Tonight I witnesses the growth of art. I saw actors with very little direction find emotion so powerful that I was brought to the heights of worship and the depths of despair in one evening. This promises to be a show worth seeing.

I expected to feel drained by this show; I thought the emotionally weighty content mixed with my first try at ASMing would just be added to the pile of "crap I need to get done before I sleep." I had no idea that these rehearsals would restore me so much. I'm working with a dedicated, talented and hilarious group of people to produce a relevant, powerful play and I am really grateful for the respite at the end of my day.

"A scintillation, a moment's hesitation...the beauty that was not intended, but can be seen and kept as a gift. A gift."

No comments: